Dental care is a necessity to take care of our well-being. This means that getting professional dental services will ensure your good oral health. However, quality dental services are usually pricey, especially if the dentist has plenty of experience and specialisations. Thus, several ‘fake dentists’ practising illegal dentistry are popping up. They are taking advantage of people looking for an affordable dentist.
So, how do you spot fake dentists? And how can you look for licensed, professional dentists with affordable services? Here’s how:
“How do I know if a dentist is fake?”
It’s not difficult to determine whether a dental practitioner is licensed or not. Fake dentists usually offer these types of services:
- Extremely low pricing – While you can find a reliable but affordable dentist, beware of those that are too good to be true. For example, the average tooth extraction costs anywhere from $75 to $200 per tooth. If someone charges half that price, then you should be wary of them.
- Lack of clinic and proper equipment – Licensed dentists have their dental clinics with clean, state-of-the-art equipment. According to reports from around the world, fake dentists usually operate in their homes or motels. Their lack of proper equipment is a tell-tale sign of operating illegally as well.
- No need for appointments – Most fake dentists do not require calling for an appointment. They usually have shorter wait times than licensed dentists do, which is what entices people. Some of them would even do home visits to perform their services. This is why they offer extremely low tooth extraction price.
“How do I know if my dentist is licensed?”
Illegal dentistry can do more harm to your oral health. Thus, it’s important to check if you’re going to a licensed practitioner. Here’s what you should look for:
- Dental practitioner registration – The Dental Board of Australia regulates all licensed dentists in the country. You can go to their website and search for the dentist’s family name to see if they are registered.
- Reasonable pricing – A licensed practitioner can also be an affordable dentist. You’ll be paying for quality professional services that the dentist spent years studying. Therefore, the pricing is expected to be reasonable and regulated, not too good to be true.
- Dental clinic and proper equipment – A licensed dental practitioner must have a clinic that might be in a hospital or independently. Furthermore, they have clean, state-of-the-art equipment.
“How do I look for affordable dental services?”
Without insurance, getting dental services can put a hole in your bank account. The average wisdom teeth removal price Brisbane has is staggering. This is why a lot of people put off visits to the dentist for fear of unexpected expenses. Fortunately, there are dental clinics that offer fixed prices, flexible payment methods, and membership programs to help you with the costs.
Fix Dental (formerly Lumley Dental) believes that a healthy smile should come at an affordable price. They offer the cheapest all on 4 dental implants and capped prices for all of their services. To set an appointment, visit their website now.